
so, i have this friend...we'll call her...Sarah...probably because that's her name. she and i spent a grand summer on the RSI hayfield sweating through 100 degree days (112 in our tents, i checked) with 500 teenagers, wearing tie-dyed shirts, thrift store clothes, sweet rainboots (mine were green with pink polka dots, hers were pink with green), and both of us with crazy colors in our hair (hers - pink, mine - RED streaks (don't ask)). we bonded immediately with our shared obsession with People magazine, US Weekly, and Real Simple. Sarah made that month in southern Illinois seem like home:).
Sarah now lives in the great metropolis of Portland - home of don miller, i'm so jealous! She does crazy things like running marathons and working for nike, and she's pretty much one of the most FUN people i know. if you don't know her, you should. i'd recommend it.
the point of that entire introduction is that i was just over on Sarah's blog, where she is venturing boldly into the dating pool (i can't WAIT to read about her adventures!), and i noticed that there appears to be a "new" blog on her blogroll...i had to do a double-take to ensure that i was reading the name correctly...A Year of Crock-potting...OH. MY. GOODNESS!
seriously, how excited was i??? This blog is going to be my new obsession - i'm so intrigued - and she seems like a hoot, so i think everyone should read along and see what crazy things she comes up with. Steph (crockpot lady) made a new year's resolution to cook with the crockpot EVERYDAY in 2008. i think she's crazy...but i'm intrigued...and hooked!
okay, back to the non-bloggy world for a bit of work for the day:). yay for crockpots!!!

4 comments:
#1 - this cracks me up
#2 - the years have improved us! I'm way skinnier now (thank goodness!)
#3 - the crockpot blog is great! enjoy it :)
#4 - I like the new picture at the top
I check this blog every morning!! I love seeing what she has come up with in the crockpot. I have used some of them. I made blueberry bread in the crockpot the other day!!!! You will love it!
Love the way the blog is dressed up now. :o)
sarah - i am totally echoing your #2...i think i should hang this picture (of me) on my fridge for motivation - lol
Oh my goodness, I LOVE the crockpot lady!!!!! This is going to be a new fave for me:). Thanks for spreading the word!!!!
Post a Comment