So, apparently even my aunt nancy has noticed that i've been awol from the bloggy world for the last few weeks...(i hope you're reading this right now and are SO proud;)!). i really have no idea where the time went, but i am still alive:). i was sick for at least a week and didn't feel much like blogging, but other than that, the loss of time is a mystery. anyways:).
MPM for this week...
1. Tacos w/ guac (shocker!)
2. Spaghetti!!! (that's for tonight)
3. Pork chops & rice (yum yum)
4. Lemon chicken & rice
5. Orange Roughy and something...it was on sale, and hubby likes it lots, so i'll come up with something:)
6. Pizza Ring
on a much more festive note, i ventured up to the land of fargo on saturday afternoon and used some wedding gift cards (YAY!) to pick out our first (albeit fake) Christmas tree at target! my favorite Christmas kid's book when i was younger was Bialosky's Christmas:
Anyways, in my memory of Bialosky, he has a somewhat sparse little tree that's decorated so so cute - so i picked out a tree that wasn't "too perfect" looking - and I got a 6 foot tree for $25 - yay! i got a big dark red flocked bow for the top, white lights, and little gold balls. and (my favorite!) hubby and i made popcorn & cranberry garlands last night for a finishing touch - so fun:)! i may have been watching a bit too much of GG season 7 (especially the episode where Lorelai, Rory, and Gigi are making cranberry/popcorn garlands and Lorelai comments on Gigi's cranberry to popcorn ratio....needless to say, I spent quite a bit of time analyzing my own cranberry to popcorn ratio. ha!). I also found a gold round tablecloth for $9 at gordman's and folded it in half & wrapped it around the base of the tree for a tree skirt - yay!
I'll try to remember to take pictures tonight:). kitty hasn't yet discovered the joys of playing with the trees or ornaments, so maybe i'll find a surprise when i get home today.
is it really december today? eek!

4 comments:
YAY you are back!! Pictures, Pictures I want to see pictures!! Have a very wonderful First Christmas season with the hubby!
You crack me up! I saw Sarah Nichols this week and we talked about you :) I also told her that I have pumpkin butter to send you (finally!) It's my goal to get it out this week.
Wow, i'm impressed. How neat that drew did the garland with you :) Great guy:) Glad you are back blogging, maybe i'll have incentive to do something on mine. Aunt Nancy better be proud.
Yes, indeed I am quite proud!
Hee,Hee
Love,
Aunt Nancy
Post a Comment