Now, I am most definitely cheating (sort of) on this week's Tasty Tuesday offering...mostly because I'm not sure it's really even a recipe, but i made it up and i like it (and so does my hubby & my fam), so here it is!
Ham Roast a la Cassie (i have no idea what to call it, i'm taking suggestions!)
Ingredients:
- 1 Ham Roast (especially convenient if your hubby has the foresight to purchase half a pig for the freezer - yay for meat all winter long!)
- Some potatoes (i used 4 or 5 red potatoes, whatever fit), quartered
- Half an onion, quartered (or more if you really like onion:S)
- Garlic cloves (whole) - 4 or 5 (or more if you feel like it!)
- A1 steak sauce (really)
- Soy sauce (just a bit)
- Salt/Pepper
- Lawry's Salt (for fun!)
- a crockpot!
Directions:
- Put the Roast, potatoes, onions, and garlic in the crockpot. Cook on low all day or on high for awhile if you're hungry and it's taking too long!
- Pop the lid off and tear the roast apart with tongs or a fork (unless you're not into that). Add some A1 and some soy sauce, season with salt/pepper & lawry's salt to taste. Cook a bit more (on low)
- Eat:)!
I made this twice last week - once for drew & i and again for my family's impromptu friday night thanksgiving meal (really good with leftover homemade dinner rolls from thanksgiving with drew's fam!). who knows, i may have added other stuff too...i never seem to be able to remember:).

1 comment:
I'm so impressed with people who can make up their own recipes! I'm a measure-to-the-T recipe gal myself :-) Thanks a million - and welcome back!
Post a Comment