Soooo....for my contribution to Lindsay's Tasty Tuesday this week, I'm going to share a recipe I JUST tried for the first time last Friday (and also had for leftovers today - yum-O!). I found this recipe at Everyday Fare, and I am a BIG fan of it (but then again, I love anything that involves using lemon or lime:)!). With no further ado, here it is:
Lemon Chicken
Ingredients:
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1-2 lbs. split chicken breasts, or other bone-in chicken pieces (I used three boneless, skinless chicken breasts from sam's, cut into inch by inch or so pieces)
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- 1-2 lemons, cut into wedges (um..i used three:)!)
Directions:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken pieces liberally on both sides with salt, freshly ground pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and cook the chicken pieces for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over the chicken. Tuck the wedges around the chicken and place the entire pan in the oven. Allow the chicken to cook 10-15 minutes or until the juices run clear.
I threw some brown rice together and some yummy (on sale!) asparagus, and we had a complete meal:). My love affair with guacamole is due in HUGE part to the presence of oodles of lime juice, so I definitely used 3 lemons here and loved every last citrusy bit:).
On another note, my brother (via my mom) sent me a couple pictures of his puppies (okay, they're not puppies any more) in all their cuteness:
ali & tucker wearing hoodies while dustin cleaned the house:)!
ali enjoying a glass of ice-cold mountain dew while relaxing in his chair and watching television:).

3 comments:
The lemon chicken sounds like something we'd like. Must try it:)
Also, aren't those pics too funny? especially the mountain dew one. Love those dogs, most of the time.
This sounds so delicious, thanks for the recipe!
Chicken seems to have been the theme this week! I am making one chicken recipe this week - I think this one will make my menu next week!
Post a Comment