I apparently haven't blogged in a long time (evidenced by the fact that my last 'real' blog post was right after Brody was born, and he will be hitting the six month mark this sunday:S). After Brody arrived, I knew that I couldn't bring myself to leave him with someone else all day long, so DH & I decided I'd make the switch to SAHM...however, my office ended up wanting me to stay on as a FT WAHM (i just like to use abbrevs because it gives me the opportunity to throw one in that doesn't actually exist and to confuse people for weeks, months, minutes, seconds, etc. on end:)), so free time is not something I have these days. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the opportunity to earn extra income, but being a mom is more than a full-time job in and of itself, so I have to use every day of the week, every nap, and every free moment to get the hours in. Maybe someday I will get the opportunity to go on a date with my hubby or even to the grocery store without feeling guilty for not being at home working. Again, not complaining, just sharing my feelings - I know there are plenty of SAHMs who would say they would love this opportunity, and plenty of FT working moms who would say the same...but the grass is always greener!
Let's see...my little man got his first tooth the day the Bison (by-zun, ESPN commentators, seriously!) won the FCS National Championship (made his daddy proud). Tooth number two arrived 11 days later. He started sitting on his own (because it just occurred to his mama that maybe he could!) a week later, and he is now a sitting machine. (see below for proof)
![]() |
| Sitting up on his own - 5 1/2 months |
He's a big fan of his foray into solid foods (i.e. oatmeal cereal, bananas, avocados, peas, applesauce, butternut squash) and makes me feel guilty for eating absolutely anything in front of him (well, he doesn't intend for that to happen, but he's got some pretty great 'please mom?' eyes).
This awesome ND winter weather meant we got to go play outside in the snow...in February! We had a little photo shoot in his sweet north face snowsuit and teddy bear hat. We also got to bounce around in one of daddy's tractors (it wasn't on) and do a professional inspection of the dump truck, plow truck, three wheeler, buick, and daddy's old dodge that were napping out in our shop. We'll be inspecting the excavators and dozers someday. Brody took his first ride with daddy in a tractor pulling scrapers last November and promptly fell asleep...for an hour and a half:).
During our February nature walk, I tried to explain the complexities of the boxelder tree to Brody. He just thought I was goofy...
![]() |
| Sitting in a tree in February! |
Seriously - how could anyone say no to this face?
| Making that north face look good (in the snow...in february:))! |
Anyway, back to real life now. Next up - water skiing! (just kidding, next up is B's six month check-up, but wouldn't water skiing be great?)


1 comment:
Welcome back! :)
You kind of sound like super mom doing all of that. Good job.
He is so cute!! Love the last picture with that cute little hat!
Post a Comment