
needless to say, between the pigweed and the quackgrass that decided to take root during my absence, i've spent every waking free minute attempting to reclaim my garden. thankfully, there are only three rows left - i'll take pictures tonight:).
my asiatic lilies (or at least that's what i say they are!) are in full bloom...
my peonies are as well, but i haven't taken any pictures of them (hubby just wants to mow over them;)). my fern peonies are long past their blooming stage and are now just creating an unattractive green fuzzball on my lawn:).
last year, I planted a lovely plant called "Geum" on the east side of my garage (and after this year, it will be moving to a sunnier location along with my delphinium and maybe even the hydrangeas). it should look like this (except yellow):

when my perennials came up this year, I was so impressed by the vigor of the geum and couldn't believe how big it was getting! I even showed my mom, who was equally impressed. however, it occurred to me the other day that it didn't look a whole lot like last year's version...and then I noticed that there was another, smaller plant growing alongside the two twin towers ...

3 comments:
This sounds incredibly familiar. Except in my story, my garden has been viciously attacked by rabbits. It was a sad, emotional day when I figured that out.
oh no, mean little rabbits:S! i'm thinking gaylin must scare the rabbits away - i don't know if i've ever even seen one in our yard? hmm..:)
hey, power to the weed puller. i empathize with you over growing pretty weeds. i still don't know if the one in my garden is a weed. maybe you should come and check it out.
Post a Comment